First impressions and feedback

So, I was able to try SE yesterday, although just for one hour. :slight_smile:

First thing I noticed, game looks gorgeous on ultra settings. Runs very smooth and stable.

And hey, is the shotgun supposed to behave like it does? When I fire it, thereā€™s a split second delay before the shot actually goes off! Itā€™s not a flintlock, is it? :joy: Also a bit weird how slow the shotgun projectiles travel. A shotgunā€™s muzzle velocity should be 300 m/s, not 30 m/s. :wink:

But this game is hard playing solo! Wow, I really got mauled by those creatures! Played as Ortega, dodging left and right like crazy, and still they caught me and chewed my head off! :open_mouth: Iā€™m really gonna need to rethink how I approach fighting the dinos. Canā€™t wait to try more, though. Game seemed very fun! :slight_smile:

So hereā€™s my only ā€œbug-reportā€ so far, but itā€™s an annoying one:
Like I said, I only played for one hour, but midway through this session I had to quit for X reason. When I got back in, I noticed that ALL the settings had reverted to default! Video, controls, audio, everythingā€¦
I put my settings back to where I wanted, then I quit the game again to see if the same would happen again. It did. Then I played for a little while more, before I tried to reproduce this one last time. Same thing happened. All game settings revert to default after quitting and restarting the game. :thinking:

Am I a dumbass, doing something wrong? Or have somebody else had this problem?

1 Like

Hey NJR, thank you for the feedback! I have gone ahead and recorded this to our support (if there are any lurkers, you can do so here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfrmhZujgXhUNGpz_nvhiI-BPzIwfntvks8U-thfZVolcQv5Q/viewform)

I can see how that would be crazy annoying and I hope we will have that figured out stat.

2 Likes

@Altalon Thanks for the reply. I know you guys will sort it out. :wink:
It only takes me a minute to re-calibrate my settings, so itā€™s not game-breaking in any way. Iā€™m happy to help you uncover any issues I encounter. :+1:

Got me a couple more hours of gameplay last night.
Man, this game is ruthless if youā€™re playing solo at lvl. 1ā€¦ Tried doing the ā€œHomecomingā€ mission again. Lost my first 3 respawns very quickly, and had to go about super carefully to complete the final objectives, with my last life constantly hanging by a thread. I thought I was home free when I called in the dropship, and then the horde descended upon the landing pad! I freakinā€™ died when the dropship was 4 seconds away! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :joy:
Deep breathā€¦ Next attempt, with a random team in MP. This time it was easy, in fact Iā€™d say almost too easy, on this part of the map at least. Canā€™t wait to play some more and explore the rest of the map. :slight_smile:

Gameplay-wise, itā€™s smooth sailing this far. I have not noticed any bugs as of yet. :slight_smile:

Haha that sucks so bad NJR. Iā€™ve been there as well, dying when the dropship just stands there - ā€œwtf buddy get onā€

1 Like