Gameplay Event Delayed to the 10th for the Unaware and my Heart Aches, but my Brain Understands

So for those who didnt know, IGNs Summer of Gaming event was supposed to start yesterday but just hours before it was supposed to commence it was announced that it was delayed. Instead of being from the 5th to the 10th, itll be from the 10th to 13th and another day on the 15th. And subsequently, the Second Extinction event that was supposed to happen on the 8th (Day 3), is now happening on the 10th (Day 1). So while its technically 4 more days until the events, and 2 more short days until the originally schedule Second Extinction reveal, my heart aches a bit but I completely understand lol. Its such a short amount of time, but seems to far in the grand scheme of things. But. No big deal. Its still happening, and I cant wait!! I cant wait to see what else is revealed about the game.

2 Likes

Yeah, i’m gutted that it has been delayed but I do understand, still, I look forward to seeing some exclusive gameplay footage :smiley:

I thought the event was only delayed until the 8th?

No, Second Extinction part in the event was originally going to take place on the 8th, but IGN moved the whole thing to start on the 10th. They updated the schedule yesterday.

I saw a post on their youtube channel several days ago that said it was postponed until the 8th.

Yes. Its mentioned in the updated article it was going to restart on the 8th before getting postponed until the 10th.

Yeah, the news came quite late to us as well so I wasn’t able to get it out on the forum before the weekend hit. Hope you guys can contain yourselves for a few days more :'D

1 Like

Yeah I had a feeling it was all completely last minute since I was watching IGN that day, and nothing had been posted all day about a pushback. And considering how many venues they had planned I thought it was all going to just happen regardless because of the complexity of moving all those people around. So when they actually announced a pushback I was surprised lol. But its all right, given the current state of affairs and how everyones event dates have been moved around its no surprise and I can wait just 2 more days lol.