My fan-art/suggestions thread

Some of you have probably seen my Giganotosaurus fan-art which I posted here, where I also suggested how it could work in-game. I’ve since made two new patterns for that Giga, as it was essentially a blue T-Rex when I first made it. I also have plans to make several other fan-art of Dinosaurs (and possibly a Hero suggestion) that I would like to see in-game and how I think they could work mechanics-wise.

So, I thought I’d make this thread where I can compile everything I’ve created. Feedback and any other thoughts are welcome and appreciated, both positive and negative. However, please don’t post your own art/suggestions in this thread (unless the suggestion is of something for me to draw/how to improve my art/Dino mechanic suggestions).

Also, if you guys over at Systemic Reaction like anything you see, I’d be ecstatic if you chose to adapt something into the game.

And with that intro out of the way, I’ll post my Giga and the new skin patterns in a comment below.

1 Like

The Giganotosaurus, nicknamed the G-Rex, is a colossal carnosaurian theropod with jaws big enough to swallow you whole, giant arms, claws, and teeth, and a spiked club on the end of its tail. This hulking beast is even larger than the T-Rex and twice as fierce, keeping your distance is the key to survival. The G-Rex’s weak spot is its soft neck, though getting a shot off at that area will be no easy task.

[WALL OF TEXT WARNING]
I present my rendition of what a mutated Giganotosaurus carolinii could look like in the Second Extinction aesthetic, complete with a roughly scaled Ortega silhouette. I went through quite a few different design changes while making this, it is far from perfect and there are definitely improvements to be made but it’s serviceable and I’m quite proud of how it turned out. The teeth should be bigger and more wild-looking (like the SE Rex) but I’m not skilled enough for the latter. Another thing that should probably be bigger is the spikes on top of the head and along the nasal ridge. Another thing I wish I could have mutated more was the overall head shape, my problem was that I still wanted it to be recognizable as a Giganotosaurus, and Carcharodontosaurids have such distinctly rounded skulls as opposed to the skulls of the Tyrannosaurus which have that concave shape in the placement of the snout. Also, I wasn’t sure where to put the weak spot as the Giga’s stance would make it rather hard to hit the neck, but maybe that could work in its favor as being a tougher enemy. You’d have to be quick to shoot the weak spot while it does things that expose the underside of its neck, such as the leap or stomp attack.

The spines were originally more numerous but I thought that made it look too much like an outdated Acrocanthosaurus, so I removed every second spine so that they became more spaced out (perhaps multiple rows of spines could look good). Along with these spines I have exaggerated several other of the animal’s features such as its arms and the spikey ridge across its snout along with the crests above the eye. To make the design more unique, I also added a spiked tail-club inspired by Shunosaurus. I wasn’t sure what colors and patterns to use for the skin, so I based it off the SE T-Rex but with a slate blue inspired by the Warpath: Jurassic Park Giganotosaurus.

So, how could a Giga work in SE? We know from interviews that the T-Rex is capable of “leaping, biting, stomping, and roaring”. The Giga could have these same attacks but with a few extras in there which I will detail in a second.

Giganotosaurus was larger in terms of height, length, and proportions than the Tyrannosaurus, who was in turn bulkier and had a stronger bite force. So, perhaps the bite does less damage than the T-Rex. Maybe its lighter build means it is a faster and more agile foe (new evidence suggests that Tyrannosaurus was actually quite slow). Its brain was also smaller, meaning maybe it could act more aggressive and primal than the T-Rex in-game.

Now where the Giga shines over the Tyrannosaurus is in its arms, much larger (exaggerated in my art) than the Tyrannosaurus, these three-clawed muscular arms could be used for a swiping attack if you get too close. With its head being much larger, to add to the difficulty, it could perhaps be capable of a one-hit eating attack if you get too close. To make it more forgiving, your teammates could shoot the giant dinosaur to make it drop you before it can devour you. Perhaps this could be combined with the claw attack to have it grasp you before biting down, making this the part where your friends must save you.

In order to make my specific design more unique, I gave my Giga a Shunosaurus-inspired spiked tail club. Talking specifically about my design, this could also be used for a tail swipe attack.

Alternative Patterns (let me know which you like best):

Next up I was thinking of doing something similar for the Bull as to how the Giga was a “super” version of the T-Rex, this next Dino I have nicknamed the Rhino. After that, I have some more unique and interesting concepts.

2 Likes

These are awesome! You are very talented!

1 Like

@Mitz75 Thank you! I try my best.

1 Like