Play as dinosaurs

I think it would be cool to have a option to play as the dinosaurs

3 Likes

Oddly enough I kept thinking that was an option in the game because everyone keeps coming it to Left 4 Dead lol. Balancing wise idk how that would work though. It would be nice to have a better version of Primal Carnage though. Maybe itll be an added feature later down the line?

3 Likes

This makes me think of Dead by Daylight. So there could be 2-3 survivors and one player controlled dinosaur. The game mode could be something like “Hunted”. So it could play out like survival with many dinosaurs but out of them all, one could be more powerful version and player controlled. If they died, they could respawn even as different dinosaur.

Or there could be a completely swapped around role, so three players controlling dinosaurs along with AI dinosaurs vs survivors / hunters.

As interesting it might be, I don’t think it’ll happen based on the impressions of this game and trailer. This seems to be more of a hero based three players co-op shooter.

Perhaps there could be a hero / character that is able to temporary hijack a nearby dinosaur to turn against each other. That would seem fun. Whether player controlled or brainwashed so it’s AI fighting each other.

1 Like

Lol sounds more like Evolve to me, but Im liking the concept. Heck, Evolve was always kinda missing that element of other monsters other than the “Boss” monster to help disrupt the human players and better put things in the “Boss” monsters advantage.
But yeah, as you said I dont think thatll be the case with this type of game. Its core seems to be human coop trying to stop the dinos from overtaking the Earth completely. Dunno how the overarching game plays out like if its just a mode, or has a story to it, but it will definitely revolve purely around this to an extent.
And I love your hijacking idea. They did say there are more heroes to come, so we will just have to wait and find out. No doubt there will probably be a class at some point down the line that has a dino companion of sorts.
But yeah, like I said in my previous post, while I dont speak for the dev team in no way shape or form, I think they are going to focus on the basics for now, and any other potential stuff like additional modes, and characters will be later down the pipeline of development. Possibly after the core game itself is finalized and released.

2 Likes

Play as dinosaurs in a game mode or play a domesticated dinosaur is an good idea :volcano:

1 Like

Cool idea ^^ Nothing that’s planned for now, I’m afraid. But it’s a good one to keep in the idea box :smiley: