What I liked from the Gameplay and Questions that Arose

Well, I liked a lot of things, but Im going to try to narrow it down to things I can make a point out of that I liked personally.

• Love that all the weapons so far are grounded. Idk why…maybe its because more fantastical weapons feel weightless? If that makes any sense, but even in games like Fallout 4, for example, Idk why I just dont like using laser/plasma weapons because you dont get that same oomph when using a weapons with bullets. Granted…

• The director said the hybrids would still be like loose science based and they did research on the types of creatures that these powers could derive from, and that they wouldnt be magical fantasy. Its kind of interesting because now you can try to figure out what was spliced into that DNA to give it those powers. I remember when Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom came out and people were trying to figure out all the parts that made up the Indominus Rex outside of what was revealed because it was just that fascinating.

Questions I have after seeing the trailer

1. The dinosaurs were said to have erupted out of the ground.
    a. So does that mean we are going to have a subterranean level?
    b. Are there mole hybrid dinosaurs?
    c. Is it going to be like the movie Tremors (lol)?
    d. Did all the dinosaurs come from the ground, or only some (Imagine seeing a T-Rex pop from underground lmao my god)?
    e. Were they underground the whole time or did the Second Extinction even idk, resurrect their fossils or something?

2. Everything seemed a bit bombastic and explosive in the 12 minutes of gameplay that was shown lol. Is it possible to play in a way that you wont be just getting overwhelmed and dealt damage every couple of seconds?

3. Are classes characters or are classes just classes? What I mean by this is that when asked “is this class based, or is everyone kind of kitting out their own character with different loadouts” the director kind of swapped around between calling them heroes, characters, and/or classes. In regards to the classes though he said that there isnt story telling in the traditional sense, but rather we would learn about the characters through their abilities and the dialogue lines they trigger. So it left me wondering, are characters/class fixed or are they just husks?
    a. For example, in games like Evolve, Overwatch, and Borderlands, your hero/character IS the class. When you play the Trapper class in Evolve, you are playing one of its alternate characters; either Abe, Crow, Jack, Griffin, or Maggie. Never Kala who is tied to the Support class, or Val who is specifically a Medic. Or in Overwatch you literally are choosing Tracer as your class, or maybe Reinhardt. Yes, they fit into a class, but you are playing that person.
    b. Or maybe its more like games like World War Z, or Killing Floor, etc. Where classes are chosen, but any and all characters can be swapped around. The class is your playstyle, and you can still choose the loadout, but the characters (your outward aesthetic) can be swapped around at your leisure.
    c. Or maybe its more like games like Destiny, where your characters appearance just fits a mold you can customize, and they dont generally have a character besides the one you create for yourself.

4. There was a mention of unlocking and upgrading weapons to fit multiple playstyles.
    a. Is there an inventory system?
    b. Can guns be swapped in and out?
    c. Or is it like you are just choosing your loadout for your weapon pre-match?

5. During gameplay, during the night sequence, a couple of the dinosaurs were immobile and the player was able to fire off shots at them without them noticing, or even reacting immediately when the player moved closer to them. Does vision during day and night play a hand in the game with the dinosaurs in that sometimes during the night your can play a bit more stealthy?

Note: I dont expect any answers on any of these questions. These are just notes I made in my head while watching the footage that I wanted to jot down lol.

Check the news section of the second extinction website for lore posts.
The dinos have been evolving in a subterranean world since the KT extinction event, human activities caused their awakening, such as hunting for oil, etc.

From what we know so far, there are three classes: Trooper (standard assault class), Operative (support), and Enforcer (tank). There is 1 confirmed character per class and in the gameplay reveal, a fourth character was mentioned, the class of which we don’t know.

As for weaponry and upgrades, Ortega’s passive ability states that she can equip two primary weapons instead of having a sidearm. So, it definitely seems that you’ll be able to swap weapons in and out. I also remember reading in an interview that weapons will have a limited number of upgrade slots and that you’ll be able to swap the upgrades in and out but only a certain number can be active at a time.

Ah. Yes. That does answer 1e lol. It still begs the question of if we’ll get a subterranean level, if there are mole hybrid dinosaurs, will there be ones that only pop up and out from underground and such lol.
Yeah I did hear about that. Not sure exactly what that bit is referring to though. My question on the classes is if they will be sort of fixed, static or interchangeable with characters, and if they will be their own standalone kind of thing, or completely up to the players devices.
Yeah I did read that a couple weeks ago, but it would also be interpreted as thats how your starting loadout is, and not secondarily being able to pick up items as you go and are playing the game.

The classes definitely seem to be fixed to certain characters. Rosy is an Enforcer, Amir is an Operative, and Ortega is a Trooper.

They did give the characters names didnt they. Which also means we could have an Evolve situation in the future where more characters of the same class can be added, but different characters so they have different special abilities, dialogue lines, and perks to their specific version of that class. Nice.

Hw acurate is the dinosuars skin compared to jurrasic parl games anf sientific info on the dinousars?

Its not. The dinosaurs in this game, much like the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park are all mutated hybrids. Real dinosaurs actually had protofeathers and were the not the scaly lizard like beings we have come to believe for decades. This game is taking it a step further with the mutations. Some dinosaurs could have spikes, some could have crystals jutting out of their skin, some could have electrically marked tattoo like patterns on them. Its all up to the whimsical fancy of the devs, and allows them to have creative freedom with the design choices. Both this game and Jurrassic Park, nor most games that have dinosaurs in them actually are “accurate”. Also while science inspired, we are going to have dinosaurs that shoot lightning and acid, so not exactly realistic lol.

I think most of the questions have been answered here already, but I can add to it a bit.

Every character has it’s own set of skills, which complements the regular run and gun gameplay. These skillsets fall under a specific class (like you said earlier Cryosis). So, when we release Heroes in the future. you’ll see the class groups expand to include more than the Heroes we have today.

Regarding question 4, there isn’t a straight inventory system, you’re rather working with a loadout you decide when entering the mission. Within that however, there’s a lot of flexibility.