What kind of type of dinosaurs do you want?

So I wanted to ask you all About which dinosaurs you want to see in the game. I personally want to see herbivors as Stegosaurus or Triceratops. Of Course every new type of dinosaur we get to see is a win, but i am still interrested in what you want to see.

3 Likes

I want to see a medium sized carnivore, bigger than the ā€œalpha raptorā€ but much smaller than the T-Rex. Preferably one of the ā€œlophosaurusā€ dinos, Dilophosaurus, Monolophosaurus, or my personal favorite, Cryolophosaurus. Could also have things like a Ceratosaurus and Carnotaurus.

Some more large carnivores would be nice, Torvosaurus, Giganotosaurus, a Spinosaurid like Spinosaurus itself, Sucomimus, or Oxalaia.

Definitely would love to see some more non-mainstream dinos, though for lore purposes, we should probably only have late Cretaceous dinosaurs AKA ones just before the KT event. Though perhaps a good explanation for the appearance of Jurassic or Triassic dinos could be that before their respective extinction events, those species managed to make their way to the subterranean world that the Cretaceous dinos hid in until they were unleashed by the ERA.

4 Likes

i think it could also be cool to see flying reptiles like the Petranodon. The would spice Things up a lot.

4 Likes

@JM_Dinoslayer Yeah, Pterosaurs could definitely spice things up, a massive Quetz or Hatzegopteryx casting a shadow over the battlefield would be awesome. And you could have small swam-type Pterosaurs like Anurognathus or Rhamphorhynchus etc.

That also reminds me that a ground swarm-type would be interesting, Compies, Velociraptors, Microraptors, or possibly a Sinornithosaurus which I believe I read somewhere was believed to have a venomous bite.

2 Likes

@Cryosis I like the idea of compis as a swarm type small and fast enemy just like the ticks in Gen Zero.

2 Likes

personally iā€™d love to see a variant of Ankylosaurus as a form of boss type as it could be highly armoured and the fight could be done by shooting exposed weak spots or something along those lines for interesting mechanics.

3 Likes

Personally I think what we should see is new dinosaurs and types every season along side gun skins, emotes, and other miscellaneous stuff so the game can stay fresh and have support for a longer time. For Example: a season all about swamp/marsh architype dinos, with swamp/marsh themed weapons, weapon skins, emblems, outfits, emotes, and maybe even vehicles (if we even get any). But for talking about specific dinos to start with beyond what we have seen Iā€™d say larger dinos like Brachiosaurus, Argentinosaurus, Spinosaurus, or Giganotosaurus as just a few examples.

3 Likes

This is exactly what I was thinking, would definitely be a cool boss fight. Either predetermined weakpoints or you could use explosives to blast off a chunk of armor which could become a weakpoint.

1 Like

One diplodocus! :rougir:

1 Like

We need some herbivores for sure. A big tank-like Triceratops, maybe theyā€™ve grown sharp teeth because theyā€™re mutated like the carnivores. Just this massive, tooth filled beast that can run as fast as a truck chasing you down!

We should also get a Spinosaurus for sections with water (if there are water sections!)

1 Like

You could also go the route of the Jurassic Park Arcade machine and have some sort of insect that is used for a ā€˜swarmā€™ effect.

1 Like

We definitely need some counterparts for the Tyrannosaurus, since we have so many Raptors as seen in the trailers. Personally, Iā€™d love to see a Spinosaurus that can burrow, maybe with its spine sticking out of the ground when doing so, ala Jaws. Another one I would love to see is a Giganotosaurus that could be like a super version of the Tyrannosaurus.

While I love the design of the Rex in this game, the Tyrannosaurus is just so overused that it would be nice to see these two larger and more powerful predators compliment it in-game (plus both of them look cool af and Iā€™m sure would look even cooler in SEā€™s style).

2 Likes

I love the idea of a second large Predator but It could also be interesting to see a Spinosaurus as a Kind of a support class healing or boosting other dinosaurs. I think this would fit him well and as he is Pretty big he would have enough hit Points to be very strong.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s definitely an interesting idea, could be sort of how the Acrocanthosaurusā€™ roar in Primal Carnage: Extinction boosts and heals other dinosaur players.

2 Likes

Is there a wiki already with all the types of dinos that we will end up fighting against?

1 Like

Thereā€™s an unofficial wiki (heavy WIP) run by yours truly that showcases images of all known dinosaurs and all the revealed to the public information about them. But other than that, thereā€™s no official database of all the enemies. Though there is a section on the About section of the official website that shows images of the T-Rex, Electric Raptor, Acid Raptor, and the regular Raptor, no information to go with them though.

Links:

5 Likes

Ok thanks. That is exactly what I was talking about/ looking for.

3 Likes

Nice dude. I didnt expect there to be a wiki up already. Congrats and thanks for all your hard work lol.

3 Likes

Thanks! I got to it almost immediately after watching the trailer and realising no one else had got started on one yet.

3 Likes

Youā€™ve done such great work on this Cryosis :heart_eyes:
Iā€™m impressed!!!

3 Likes