What kind of type of dinosaurs do you want?

same for me signed for the beta the 03 july and not receveid my beta key…

1 Like

The Beta is only (most likely ) going to start in August so dont fear the beta keys will come.

All this talk of what Dinos we want to see got me motivated, and since some people seem to agree with me about Giganotosaurus, I went ahead made my own rendition of what I believe a Second Extinction Giga could look like. Without further ado, I present the “G-Rex”.

So, how could a Giga work in SE? We know from interviews that the T-Rex is capable of “leaping, biting, stomping, and roaring”. The Giga could have these same attacks but with a few extras in there which I will detail in a second.

Giganotosaurus was larger in terms of height, length, and proportions than the Tyrannosaurus, who was in turn bulkier and had a stronger bite force. So, perhaps the bite does less damage than the T-Rex. Maybe its lighter build means it is a faster and more agile foe (though scientifically speaking, Tyrannosaurus was believed to be faster than Carcharodontosaurids). Its brain was also smaller, meaning maybe it could act more aggressive and primal than the T-Rex in-game.

Now where the Giga shines over the Tyrannosaurus is in its arms, much larger (exaggerated in my art) than the Tyrannosaurus, these three-clawed muscular arms could be used for a swiping attack if you get too close. With its head being much larger, to add to the difficulty, it could perhaps be capable of a one-hit eating attack if you get too close. To make it more forgiving, your teammates could shoot the giant dinosaur to make it drop you before it can devour you. Perhaps this could be combined with the claw attack to have it grasp you before biting down, making this the part where your friends must save you.

In order to make my specific design more unique, I gave my Giga a Shunosaurus-inspired spiked tail club. Talking specifically about my design, this could also be used for a tail swipe attack.

So, what do you think? Any feedback on my ideas and art is appreciated.

4 Likes

Unbelievable cool design. I would definately want to see such a Monster basically indicating your final hour. This Design Looks like a snow themed Version of the T-Rex and as the dinosaurs are mutated it could be Pretty interresting to see the Giga spitting ice and freezing the Players temporary.

1 Like

Hey!
Maybe we can get some Brachiosaurus in a map.
Irritator could be a great boss for some beach/lake map.
Iguanadon looks like a helpful supporter.
Plesiosaurs for a water/boat stage will be amazing!
Carnotaurus, Euoplocephalus, Graciliceratops, Kentrosaurus, Pachycephalosaurus, Talarurus are great too!

1 Like

I would love to see some sort of Ocean Map with marine reptiles such as Plesiosaurus and Mosasaurus. I would love to see Special underwater weapons too. Maybe even a submarine.

2 Likes

Came here to say Ankylosaurus, so this would be cool.

3 Likes

THE SINCLAIRS! https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/muppet/images/8/84/Sinclairs.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20070428004723

Potentially down the road for the incorporation of water dinosaurs such as the mosasaurus or the Liopleurodon. So many ways they could be incorporated with new water environments.

1 Like

Saurapods extremely under represented in dino shooters

A big hope i have is that outside of dinos we could maybe even see some early marsupials too, things like thylacines, thylacoleos, or protemnodons.
It would be a great opportunity for some wild variety in the enemies we face!

Id Love to see a spino or a brachy, I think those are two amazing dinos with lots of potential for unique abilities and crazy designs… For example the spino could have an ability to swim through maybe more coastal areas of the map and some electric abilities to combo with that, the brachy could have some ground stomp shockwave type move, idk, I have to many ideas… Love the game and don’t even own it haha

1 Like

Therizinosaurus, Quetzalcoatlus, Diplodocus. Diploducus could be a walking beefy spawner for other enemies and has a tail attack that has large AOE damage. Theri could do a spin claw attack and could be a berzerker of the dino bosses.

1 Like

I thought rex’s were only for extinction level event but ive already beaten a bunch of them. I would love to see a spino, giga or t-rex for extinction level events. I feel like the caves should replace the rex with carnos or something less threatning but just as strong in game. P.S. cant wait for extinction level event.

I’d like to see an even stronger version of the rex. He’s kind of easy to beat.

People above have put in many good species: Spino, Diplo, Theri, Carno, quetz and other flying dino’s.
There’s tons of stuff you can pick!

I’d certainly wouldn’t mind seeing smaller more “pest” like dinos, Compies, maybe troodons perhaps in some way like a Swarm that descends on players.

Also while everyone has suggested the Dilophosaurus, I think giving it a immobile based spit (perhaps its the blue goo that we sometimes find) as a movement denial creature as opposed to the ranged Acid Raptor.

1 Like

That Dilo goo-shooter idea is pretty good.

I would really like to see their mutated take on some trilobites. Some of those things were scary as hell looking and would make for an interesting addition.

Would also like to see non violent herbivores roaming the landscape. It would be so very cool to be running around a giant Argentinosaurus or even a Brachiosaurus as they are stampeding along on thier own path, meanwhile running between their legs battling raptors :slight_smile: I can see it a herd of giants from left to right and you have to go directly north between them to hit your objective. Then we raptors on the chase the herd starts stampeding . That would be chaos and about as cool as it gets.

On an easier note some pterodactyls really need to make an appearance. If they picked you up like the demons in metro exodus and dropped away from the team if they get you!

I know I’m reaching but I can see it already! Systemic MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Reminds me of one of the levels from the old King Kong game, a stampede of Brontosaurus with Venatosaurus chasing you down as you get from point A to point B.

Baryonyx would be fun for shallow water area but also still fast on land. and mch harder to add but a mosasaurus raid boss fight would be awesome!

1 Like