What kind of type of dinosaurs do you want?

Pachycephalosaurs - headbutting - smaller version of flatback - knockdown/interrupt (but can be in packs)
Pteranodon - Swoops in, does basic melee damage like a reg. raptor/interrupt/knockdown, but acts as a watcher too, making them high priority
Compsagnathus - have a pack of 20-30 to just be annoying
Indominus Rex (I know, fake dino from JW [and also possibly TM and or copyright) - A roaming rex that goes invisible, has watcher ability, gives alpha boost to raptors, and is VERY hard to kill. (Could be a mission type… you have to hunt down the Indo in order to extract, using scanners to pick up the trail but it hunts you more and more and gets stronger / more resilient the more stars/research you acquire)

As far as new dinosaurs go, I feel like you need to keep in mind both how to make it distinct in gameplay, visually, and then just make it metal as all hell and mutated.

Some ideas I’ve had, open to criticism. Deliberately avoiding full species names as anything other than extremely broad descriptions.

Compies: Small, swarming dinosaurs. Maybe they can cling to players and actually have a blood drain ability like a leech until they’re shot off?

Nychus: Smaller than base raptors, and covered in serrated quills. Can employ “raptor prey restraint” by clinging to player’s shoulders and pulling them away from their group. Shamelessly ripping off L4D2’s Jockey, but a dinosaur.

Spino: Kind of based on older depictions that are kinda verging on Dimetrodon but lankier. Hangs back and roars to buff other dinosaurs, and the sail flashes different colors to show what the buff is. Bigger than the Bull but smaller than the Rex.

Beserker: Based loosely on Therizinosaurus, but you know, monstrous and scaly and all. Nearly as large as a Rex but faster and attacks with a flurry of slashes with it’s gigantic claws that can easily eviscerate an unprepared team. Compensates by having no armor like the other large dinosaurs and far less health.

Titan: Kind of verging more on a special level. An absolutely enormous Titanosaur that has dinosaur nests on it’s back in specialized pores similar to a Suriname toad. Acts as like a mobile hive.

1 Like

I’d like to see a mutated allo since not only is allosaurus my favorite Dino but I think it would be a cool little carnivore mini boss.

It would be kinda neat to have different biomes with the typical dinos from that biomes. Like swamps, deserts, and maybe even water/ocean.

I would enjoy another raptor variation. Following the elemental theme, I think a thermal/fire raptor could work well. Faster then the others, very weak, but it’s immune to explosion/fire damage and burns the player when they are too close.